You will be scheduled for surgery at one of the following hospitals:
Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital of Arlington, (BOSHA),707 Highlander, Arlington, Texas 76015 Please call 817-583-7053 to schedule pre-operative testing.
Baylor Surgical Center of Arlington (BSA),2400 Matlock Rd., Arlington, Texas 76015 Please call 817-860-6800 to schedule pre-operative testing
It is your responsibility to call the hospital one week before the date of your surgery to schedule your pre-operative testing — If you are Diabetic, please have blood work done fasting.
**Discontinue: aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix, or other blood thinners 1 week prior to surgery
**Discontinue: anti-inflammatories, (Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, Alexa, Mobic etc.) two weeks prior to surgery
**Discontinue: herbal drugs and weight loss medications 2 weeks prior surgery
Our office will verify your insurance benefits and get pre-authorization for the procedure if it is required. If you have an out-of-pocket expense, the business office will contact you regarding making payment arrangements.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery.
- Make arrangements for someone to drive you home from surgery
- Make arrangements for someone to stay with you the rest of the day and the night of surgery.
- Make no other plans for the day of surgery. Occasionally the surgery schedule moves faster or slower than planned. Please be available to come in earlier if needed.
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will fit over dressings, braces, and/or ice packs.
**Please try not to reschedule your surgery date, as a significant amount of work and planning go into setting up every case regarding specific equipment and material. If you must reschedule, then, please notify Andrea as quickly as possible.
Please call Andrea immediately if you develop symptoms of an infection within one week of your surgery. (sore throat, fever, cough, urinary burning, skin infections, etc. )
If you have any questions, please call- Christu Walters, RN, 817-375-5271